Mottek: 2003-02-13

Quick Update

Implementing the IrCOMM comm tool seems to go quite well. The first step was to get all the base classes of TIrDATool correctly declared. Lots of digging through C++ vtable declarations... I've got this love/have relationship with C++, at the moment I'm happy how easy it is to reverse engineer and patch it. And how cross-platform and cross-compiler it is.

Much of the added logic goes into the ConnectionComplete, StartOutput and GetComplete functions of the new comm tool. Sending the IrCOMM negotiation packet right after connecting works already, receiving the answer is however still a bit unclear. I hope that the comm tool mechanism lets me schedule something via StartInput. Otherwise, a timer event based mechanism like the one I tried with the serial endpoint event handler might be an alternative.